Thursday 31 January 2013

My First Ever Wedding Inspiration Mood Board

As part of my 2nd interview with a Wedding Planner, I was challenged to create a wedding inspiration mood board. At first I kind of panicked because I didn't know which direction I wanted to go. The possibilities were endless but my resources were limited. I didn't have a working printer let alone ink, limited time to work on it (I had a busy week)... but what I did have were a lot of fashion magazines (thanks Amy!) and a Scotties tissue box for the flowers you'll see on the board.

I was happy with the results and surprised how everything came together rather organically. Felt like I was doing arts and crafts again back in elementary school! I had a lot of fun with it and I couldn't have gotten it done without the extra fuel - thanks to sis who got us take-out Serissa drinks. Yup, I got my usual again ٩(^‿^)۶

My theme was Rustic Glam, Vintage Elegance. It's not perfect, but it's a start. Hope you guys enjoy! ^.^


I decided that I would make it look like a present, so that I could make a more dramatic presention when I showed them the board.


I explained that I was inspired by Ralph Lauren's perfume, Romance. You can actually lift that flap up (where it says 'Romance') and smell the scent.


If you are interested in reading the script that I prepared for the presentation, please follow below. I hope I've inspired some of you to create your own wedding boards some day, or perhaps to try to do more DIY crafts when you have the time.

We are all creative in one way or another and you may be surprised at what you come up with!

ᵔᴥᵔ ᵔᴥᵔ ᵔᴥᵔ

{ Presentation of the Mood Board }

Note: It's hard to make out the words on the board, but aside from 'ROMANCE', there's also ' Open your eyes to endless possibilities...', 'Luxuriously' and 'A Love Story.'

The theme for my wedding inspiration board is ‘Rustic Glam and Vintage Romance.’ I chose this theme because it is perfect for Spring/Summer Weddings and when I become a bride myself, I definitely would love to celebrate my wedding in either of these 2 seasons. Even Fall weddings in Toronto are a bit too chilly for my liking!

One of my inspirations for this theme came from Ralph Lauren’s ‘Romance’ perfume. It is luxurious, with an understated elegance and not at all overwhelming – just like the theme for this wedding. This wedding theme tells a love story between a couple who loves to travel together, enjoys nature and values the classic and quality-made over the trendy and super flashy.

Venue: The ceremony is outside in the woods, with a lot of natural light. The arch will be decorated with a lot of greenery (moss, fern, etc.) with shots of coral, red and pink. Wedding takes place in an old barn, with a large open space. Large chandeliers made of wooden twigs will provide ambient glow to the room. Small dangling lamps will be interspersed throughout.

Reception décor: The colour palette is a blush pink, light green, silver and robin egg’s blue. You will see all these colours on the cake, the table and chair linen, burlap napkins, runners, etc. Tables are wooden, chair covers are robin egg’s blue. Thoughtful rustic embellishments such as hourglasses, birdcages, pocket watches, compasses and perfume bottles will be decorated on each table.

Floral arrangements: While the overall colours are soft and wooden, the flowers will stand out in bright shades of coral, pink and red, with shots of green from the leaves and stems. There will be red roses (black roses) and mixed varieties. There are 7 long tables in total for about 130 guests including the bridal party. Tables will have alternating shorter and taller floral arrangements (which will be at a height that does not block the guests as they converse throughout dinner).

Food: It will be a formal, sit-down dinner. Soup of French Onion, Warm bread and butter/ olive oil and vinaigrette/ hummus and tapenade, Organic grain fed chicken served with roasted potatoes and vegetable medley, a mango-pecan salad, grapefruit sorbet, tea-infused gelato with light cheesecake. Red and white wines served, Signature cocktails for the bride (blushing bellini – peach, banana, strawberry) and groom (gin and spiked tonic) and Open Bar for all!

Music and Entertainment: Violinist and Pianist playing a duet in the woods – Pachabel’s Canon in D Soothing music throughout the reception, Party music with live DJ spinning at the after party

Okay, definitely got carried away on the food part... but you get my drift!

Thanks for reading! ✌♫♪˙❤‿❤˙♫♪✌

3 comments:

  1. looks awesome! you're a complete natural at this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol you are too kind! they critiqued me a lot (and i'm thankful for it) - this is a 'good start' hahaha!

      Delete
  2. they're tough on you cuz they love you ;)

    ReplyDelete