Friday 8 March 2013

Neglect and Making Habits

I'm so sorry guys! I have totally abandoned this blog because my schedule has just been so jam-packed.

I don't want to over-promise and under-deliver. I am going to keep busy, find balance, blog and still juggle a day job and my side projects. I feel terrible neglecting this blog. If I have even one friend that checks back (thanks for reading, James!), I feel I owe it to them to keep posting. Of course I am supposed to do this for my own sake, but I feel so much more touched when I know people read my shizz! So, from this week forward, I'm going to post weekly Thursday blogs (I'm well aware that today is Friday, but it will be Thursdays from next week on), even if it's just a small update. Without consistency, a set schedule and a plan of action - I'm just going to neglect this blog like I've done since the last post. When it gets more regular and I am better at managing my time and priorities, I'm going to up it to Mondays and Thursdays. That way, Mondays I can update about the weekend and Thursdays, about the upcoming week, and yaddy yadda.

I have good news! My job agency has finally put me up with something semi-long-term. It's a repetitive, tedious role [the exact kind that I dread, haha] but I want to put a positive spin on it and treat it with a 'no job too small mentality.' Plus, I need the regular cheques coming in. My previous agency does not contact me anymore because when I first came back from vacay, I really screwed up the assignment they placed me. The client supervising me rated me poorly (I'm sure of it, because agencies ask this of the clients. good ratings = more jobs for the temp), which is why they've never found me anything since. Of course I am disappointed that I did this to myself, but I am also not impressed with them for not giving me another chance, when I stayed on a 2-year term that they had placed me. Let this be a lesson to all you tempies out there - don't make the same mistake as I did. If you're stuffing envelopes, make sure to do it quickly and swiftly - NOT leisurely.

I also started my internship with the wedding planner. She basically most if not all of my quirks and short-comings... and I really appreciate that she is willing to work with me to overcome them. She's tough, talkative and very boss! And she means business! But she's also fun and I like how I can say to her exactly how I feel. At some point, I think she's gonna be royally pissed at me, but that's because of our personalities. I'm extremely defensive, lol. But anyway, I'm so glad I met her and feel lucky to have her as a sort of mentor and role model (especially when I have nobody else who will instill good values in me). I think more than ever, I'm realizing that my parents have influenced me so much - to the person I am today - and I'm not saying that in a good way. I'm not going to put 100% of the blame on them, because how I handle my EQ is on me as well. I truly believe moving out would impact me in a very positive way, but the money issue has had me hesitating. Especially when I've got a trip I want to go with the Citco girls in the summer, the NYC trip I have already promised to take to visit the 2 friends I met while I was in SH (and of course Johnny, hello!), cousin's wedidng in HK in December (honestly, I want to spend a month there so I can experience Christmas and New Year's Day! and make my flight tickets super worth it!), the Wedding MBA convention in Vegas (in October) and the MA World Convention in Miami, the following February. I don't even know if I can afford all of that! I'm gonna eat peanut butter on bread crumbs. That was sort of my type of dinner in SH, when I felt guilty about overspending.

My other project consists of editing drafts for my friend whom I met in SH. She's an awesome fashionista/art/business type who is going to make it big with her business proposal. I'm so glad to be part of the project (which I can't reveal any details until it rolls out), but I feel lucky even just to have met her (the random way that we did)! She's the type who you meet and then immediately fall in love with. If you get to meet her - you'll know what I'm talking about!

The last project that I'm busy with is my side project with MA. If you want to make a little money on the side (this is not a get-rich-quick scheme) and trust that with hard work, that in time, you can make enough money to retire in 2-3 years (6 figure income is achievable if you are willing to put in the hard work), then I want to talk to you! 'Retiring' does not mean you don't work anymore. You still can! But you won't be a slave to the economy anymore. You can choose not to work once you reach success after the 2-3 year plan. And you will reach success, if you follow all the steps that have been tried, tested and true. You just have to believe. You need to have discipline. And you need to want it badly. If financial and time freedom is important to you, if you will do whatever it takes to retire in 2-3 years, we have the opportunity for you. My team will be with you every step of the way to make sure you succeed, as long as you are coachable, follow the plan and have the burning desire to get out of the rat race. If you are this person, let's get in touch.

Yup, I've been MIA for awhile, but this is all going to change. Let's start making good habits, that we will keep, on things that we want to achieve!



PS: Thinking of getting my hair cut soon! Haven't had it this long since 2nd grade or something. For reals.

2 comments:

  1. Yeaahhhhh!!! Haha good job Cindy, keep it up
    - James

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol thanks james!! didn't get a chance to really talk to you tonight. i wanted to mention briefly about the online business i was doing, but we'll find time on another day! thanks for being a fan on the blog =P

    ReplyDelete