Monday 18 March 2013

so it's not a thursday... but it's okay!

Only the first week in and already I kinda deviated from my plan to write every Thursday. I know right?! So me. But hey, at least it's still within the same week, so I'm a woman of my words... divided by 2.

Anyway, it's been a super busy week. My planner's other intern was away for a week, and she missed a lot of stuff which I will be responsible for updating her on. Off the top of my head, she missed the social media training, the Skype meeting with a possible new client, today's new client meeting, the Art of Fashion meeting, picking up decor for the 50th birthday party, the actual set up, coordination & tear-down of the event yesterday, the timeline and update meeting with a client's upcoming wedding in a few months... all this happened within a 10-day period. Wow. I'm just glad I am not in her position right now, even though I am the one that's going to update her on everything. It's just easier when you're not the one on the receiving end of all this info. Sorry R!! I'll try my best not to miss anything.

Within this week, I've also done the final edits for the SH project. I'm so excited! It's going to roll out soon. Crossing my fingers that all goes well. :)

The Art of Fashion (AOF) is so exciting. I love fashion although it might not be obvious because I don't look the part due to, I hate to admit it, laziness on my end. But that will change! I promise to make more effort. You can hold me accountable if I don't. So the AOF is a non-profit organization {http://www.artoffashion.org/} that gives up-and-coming student designers a platform to showcase their work. This would be great exposure to emerging designers, as in the past, there were 10,000 people in attendance. The event used to be held during Nuit Blanche (NB) every year, but this is the first year that it will be held outside of NB. It's going to be amazing, and I'm so happy the organizers reached out to my wedding planner to head the Logistics team. Fashion week is next week for those who are interested {http://worldmastercardfashionweek.com/}. I didn't actually find out about that until I went to the AOF meeting this past Wednesday. Yup, so not in the loop!

Other than that, I survived week 1 of my new job! It's supposed to be a 5-month contract and I love how chill it is right now. I really hope to keep it that way, because I want to be able to focus my energies on my projects outside of work. I don't know if I'm getting old too soon too fast, but those 1.5 hour commutes and 3 hours round-trip are dreadful. They suck the energy right out of me! I have got to do something to change this situation. I'm on it... but there's still some kinks that need to be worked out. Updates soon, I promise!

Yesterday was uber busy. The party didn't end until midnight and then we spent about half an hour doing clean-up and tear-down. I didn't get to my friends' place until almost 1. It's times like these that I really appreciate my awesome friends - they stayed up even though they were getting really sleepy, provided me with toothpaste and toothbrush because of course I would forget mine and just generally being so welcoming even though we don't always talk on a regular basis. I love them! Such a sweet, cute couple. I met Lulu during my UofT exchange program to France back in 2009 and I always tell myself, as long as I make one great friend, you're a lucky gal, missy! Thanks Lulu Sheep! I can't wait to make that South/Central America trip happen... hopefully in the near, near future. ^‿^

Met up with the guys (yup, Eva & Grace, we're part of the dudes!) and Johnnyboy who's in town for the week. I don't think I'll have time to see him off when he leaves but I'm not too worried. I plan to head across the border sometime in the summer anyway, so no biggie. He says he's gonna introduce me to doctor types but I know he's just bluffing me. Such a douche. Just kidding. Love you, half-bro!

Anyway, that's my week's recap. I devoted zero time for MA this week. Gotta make effort not to fall off!

My friend Ernest shared with me a fantastic article today. I loved it, because it really hit home. For those interested in adding more happiness to your life by doing a little subtracting: {Be Happier: 10 Things to Stop Doing Right Now}

Have a great, productive week, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cindy, I didn't know you started an online business. Tell me more later, hope to see you in more group events this year
    - James

    ReplyDelete