Wednesday 19 December 2012

The Waffle Princess.

There's nobody else that I know who craves a good waffle as I do. Sometimes it comes at the most unexpected of times. Of course there are times I crave good sushi. A nice al dente pasta dish. Or a bubble tea drink of sorts (less the bubbles). But so often, I find myself just wanting, desiring, needing a soft, fluffy, fresh waffle, served warm with fruit, ice cream and if I'm lucky, with brownie bits and oreo cookies thrown in! When I move out, I am going to have to invest in a waffle maker, a Japanese crêpe maker and a sushi roll maker. I'm already looking forward to that day! But before that day actually comes... I'll have to stick to the outside stuff. Here is a list I've compiled of places I've had waffles from, some good, some so-so, but it doesn't matter - I'm gonna eat it when I need it!

Café Princess
I would go back for the ambience... but not their waffles. Just like in Korea, pairs of guys come here to chill, at Princess-y type cafés. Yup, it's nothing out of the norm!

HiTea
Beautiful artwork, generous portions of fruit, but unfortunately waffles are not fluffy.

Ten Ren's Tea Time
Although their drinks are good (especially their peach banana slush), their waffles are a bit dry and there is not enough ice cream or fruit! Extra 50 cents to add a side of red beans - worth it if you're a red bean lover like I am :)

Caffé Demetre
[ image unavailable at this time ]
The first few times I went to Demetre's, I always ordered 'The Last Straw' both in crêpe and waffle form because I loved it that much and the other combinations didn't quite hit the spot. That was, until I discovered the ultimate combination... my own!! The customization usually consisted of: the waffle accompanied by brownie pieces, oreo cookies, bananas and strawberries, vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce! Their ice cream flavours are fun, and I am getting excited just thinking about it!

Destiny Tea and Café
So fluffy and yummy, asides from Demetre's, I'd go here for my waffle fix. Fresh fruits, huge scoops of ice cream (more than you will need) and a generous portion of warm, fluffy, goodness. Absolutely NOM worthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment